Your Ultimate Wedding Day Checklist to Avoid the Last-Minute Outfit Stress
When it comes to your wedding day, one of the most exciting and cherished aspects is undoubtedly your outfit. Whether you're the bride, groom, or a member of the bridal party, your attire sets the tone for the entire event.
From the delicate lace of a bridal gown to the sleek elegance of a groom's tuxedo, every detail matters. To ensure you look and feel your best on this monumental day, we've compiled a comprehensive wedding day outfit checklist that covers every essential detail.
1. Bride's Attire
The bride's gown is often the centrepiece of the wedding. Start your outfit checklist by ensuring you have:
- The Dress: Ensure your gown is steamed, pressed, and ready to wear. Double-check for any loose threads or missing buttons.
- Undergarments: Select undergarments that complement your dress style – think supportive or backless bras, seamless underwear, and shapewear if desired.
- Shoes: Make sure you try your wedding shoes on with the dress to make sure they are a good match. Then ensure they are comfortable enough to stand in during the ceremony and properly broken in before the day. If you are more of a fashion over function bride, consider a backup pair so you can dance the night away in comfort post-formalities.
- Veil and Accessories: If you're wearing a veil, ensure it is properly secured. Don't forget about accessories like earrings, necklaces, bracelets and hairpieces. Pack them neatly the day before to make sure they’re all together and ready to go.
- Bouquet: Coordinate with your florist to have your bouquets delivered on time.
- Getting Ready Attire: Choose a comfortable and elegant robe or some fun loungewear for getting ready photos and making sure you feel pampered while getting ready.
2. Groom's Attire
The groom's outfit should exude confidence and style. Prior to the big day, make sure you have:
- Tuxedo or Suit: Ensure your tuxedo or suit has been tailored to perfection and is ready to wear. Make sure it is steamed, loose-thread free, and that your pants are hanging without creases.
- Shoes and Socks: Polish your shoes and select a pair of comfortable dress socks. To elevate your style, make sure the colour matches your suit or accessories.
- Tie or Bowtie: Choose a tie or bowtie that complements the colour scheme and theme. It could match your groomsmen or be the same colour as the bridesmaid's dresses.
- Shirt and Accessories: Have your dress shirt properly tailored and freshly pressed ahead of the day. Prepare cufflinks, and any other accessories like a pocket square or boutonniere to match your tie or the overall themes of the wedding.
- Groomsmen's Attire: Coordinate with your groomsmen to ensure they have their attire and accessories ready.
- Watch and Ring: Don't forget to put on your watch and wedding ring!
3. Bridal Party
For the bridesmaids and groomsmen, coordination is key. Make sure each member of the bridal party has:
- Dresses or Suits: Ensure all attire has been tried on and tailored to properly fit. Also see that all outfits are pressed and wrinkle-free before the day.
- Shoes and Accessories: Coordinate with the bride or groom (or as the bride or groom, coordinate with your wedding party) to finalise shoe choices and accessory details.
- Hair and Makeup: Confirm hair and makeup appointments for the bridal party and make sure everyone is prepped and ready with spray tans, manicures, facials of you choose to provide this.
- Bouquets and Boutonnieres: Double-check that all floral arrangements are accounted for and ready to go down the aisle.
- Gifts and Thank You Notes: If you're exchanging gifts, make sure they're prepared and ready to be given and notes are written beforehand to save any accidental pen marks on clothes.
4. Guest Attire
While you can't control what your guests wear, you can provide guidance:
- Dress Code: Clearly communicate the dress code on invitations or your wedding website.
- Weather Considerations: If your wedding is outdoors or during a certain season, suggest appropriate attire like jackets or shawls so your guests know what to expect.
- Comfortable Shoes: For outdoor ceremonies or dancing, encourage guests to wear comfortable shoes and heels that are suitable for grass or wet-weather shoes.
5. Emergency Kit
Prepare for the unexpected by assembling an emergency kit that includes:
- Sewing Kit: Needles, thread, and safety pins for quick fixes.
- Stain Remover: Accidents happen – be ready to tackle stains.
- Fashion Tape: Keep clothes and accessories in place.
- Pain Relievers: Ensure you have pain relievers on hand for headaches or discomfort.
- Lint Roller: A quick roll for last-minute touch-ups.
- Deodorant and Perfume: Stay fresh throughout the day.
- Snacks and Water: Stay nourished and hydrated to make sure you enjoy the day.
Your wedding day outfit reflects your personal style and the love you share. By following this comprehensive checklist, you can ensure that every detail of your attire is perfectly in place, allowing you to step confidently into the spotlight. Remember, the goal is not just to look great, but to feel amazing. With careful planning and attention to every detail, your wedding day ensemble will be nothing short of unforgettable.
Locations we service include: Brisbane | Gold Coast | Sunshine Coast | Sydney | Melbourne | Los Angeles
Call 1300 309 272
We visit you in Sydney, Melbourne, Gold CoastBook Appointment
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get exclusive deals, new product releases, and contests!Subscribe