Our Garment Quality
Every Wil Valor product from the bespoke suits to the tailored shirts to the custom bags are produced to the highest quality. It is the way we differentiate Wil Valor from others and we continue to refine our offering with a relentless pursuit of continuous improvement.
4 major factors contribute to the quality of a garment, they are:
- Tailor's expertise (Cutting Ability, Knowledge of Fabrics & Construction Methods)
- Quality of Fabric
- Clothiers knowledge and experience
- Quality of buttons and linings
Let's go into more detail...
We have Savile Row trained tailors and 2nd generation Italian tailors.
- Cutting Ability – It takes experience and learnings over many years to develop the know-how to cut the fabric correctly for every body shape. It is the intimate details and nuances which assist in defining a bespoke suit and how to fit each particular body shape perfectly. It is important for the tailor to take into consideration the fabric's pattern, this is essential for checks or stripes to line up.
- Knowledge of Fabrics – This is particularly important as each fabrics' drape differs and directly affects the fit and overall aesthetic of the tailored suit or jacket. The tailored suit or jacket construction is influenced by the fabric composition so the tailors understanding is vital.
- Construction Method – The floating canvas is our standard construction method for our bespoke suits. Our tailors understanding of unstructured jackets is also a crucial part of their expertise. The ability and flexibility of our tailors to create whatever our clients wish is part of the Wil Valor appeal.
Quality of Fabric
A high-quality fabric makes all the difference when considering a jackets drape (how the fabric falls). The higher the quality of fabric the better the fall (how it looks). We have the largest and highest quality range of fabrics in the country. This is why we are one of two companies who possess the Treasure Box from Scabal (24ct Gold fabrics) For more information about our high-quality fabric range go to our fabrics page
Clothier Knowledge and Experience
This is an important one... You may have good fabrics and construction but it means very little if your fabric choice, colour choice, style choice and desired fit are not best for you. The person who is guiding you needs to know how different fabrics fall off different body shapes, the correct colours for your complexion, eye colour and hair colour, what styles best suit your body shape, what fit is appropriate and how these contribute to balance and proportion. How to best modify your finished garments when needed is also important and an underrated skillset.
Our clothiers have all of the above skillsets. We realise the importance of investing in our clothiers as it assists you, our clientele, the most important people.
Quality of Buttons and Linings
We are fortunate to hold over 300 different linings. They vary from the plain coloured Bemberg lining to the bold patterns of every pattern imaginable to world renowned lining brands of Lora Piana, Dormeuil and Cerruti.
The quality linings are supported by a wide variety of Mother of Pearl and bone buttons which provides you with plenty of choice. The buttons are the final touch and choosing the right button will lift the suit.
These factors may initially seem abstract to the garment quality but they are all intertwined and contribute to the finished product. Assisting you to look and feel your best is most important.