Wedding Suit Trends for Grooms: Exploring Styles, Colours, Fabrics, and More
While much attention is often given to the bride's wedding attire, grooms also deserve to look their best on their special day. Wedding suit trends for grooms have evolved to offer a wide array of styles, colours, fabrics, and creative ideas. In this article, we will explore the latest trends, providing inspiration and insights for grooms who want to make a statement with their wedding ensembles.
- Dinner Suit or Tuxedo: Classic suits never go out of style and remain a popular choice for grooms. Traditional cuts, such as a custom tuxedo, exude elegance and sophistication. Whether you prefer a peak, notch or shawl lapel, dinner suits are the ultimate formal option.
- Single-Breasted: For grooms who prefer a sleek and modern aesthetic, single-breasted, tailored suits are an excellent choice. These suits have one or two buttons bringing the jacket together cleanly at the centre of the stomach and offer a contemporary and stylish look.
- Double-Breasted Suits: Double-breasted suits have made a comeback in recent years, adding a touch of vintage-inspired charm. These suits feature overlapping front flaps and a double row of buttons. Double-breasted suits can be tailored for a slim or relaxed fit, and they allow grooms to make a bold fashion statement.
- Three-Piece Suits: For a more formal and refined look, three-piece suits are an excellent choice. This ensemble includes matching jacket, waistcoat, and trousers. Three-piece suits provide a polished and sophisticated appearance, and grooms have the option of removing the jacket or waistcoat for different parts of the celebration, creating versatile outfit options.
- Shades of Blue: Blue has become a popular colour choice for wedding suits, offering a fresh and contemporary alternative to traditional black or grey. From deep navy to lighter shades like royal blue or sky blue, this versatile colour suits a range of skin tones and wedding themes. Blue suits can be paired with complementary colours for ties, pocket squares, or accessories.
- Earthy and Neutral Tones: Earthy and neutral tones have gained popularity, particularly for outdoor and rustic weddings. Colours like tan, beige, and light brown create a warm and organic feel, complementing natural surroundings. These hues can be paired with crisp white shirts or subtly patterned ties to add visual interest to the overall look.
- Lightweight Wool: Lightweight wool is a popular fabric choice for wedding suits due to its breathability, comfort, and versatility. It offers a polished and refined look while allowing grooms to move freely and stay comfortable throughout the day. Coming in various weaves, such as twill, herringbone, or birds-eye, they add texture and visual appeal.
- Linen: For summer weddings or tropical destinations, linen suits are an excellent choice. Linen is a lightweight and breathable fabric that offers a relaxed and casual aesthetic. Its natural texture and slightly rumpled appearance create a laid-back yet stylish look, perfect for beach or garden weddings.
- Velvet: Velvet suits have become a popular choice for winter weddings. They offer a luxurious and opulent feel. The rich texture of velvet adds depth and sophistication to the groom's attire. Velvet suits are often seen in deep jewel tones like burgundy, navy, or emerald, making a statement and adding a touch of regal elegance.
Today's wedding suit trends offer grooms a wide range of options to express their personal style and make a statement on their wedding day. Whether opting for a classic and timeless look, a sleek ensemble, or embracing the charm of vintage-inspired suits, your custom suit can tell your story. The perfect style, colour, and fabric will complement your personality and create lasting memories for your special day.
Locations we service include: Brisbane | Gold Coast | Sunshine Coast | Sydney | Melbourne | Los Angeles