Winter Racing Carnival 2023
The Queensland Winter Racing Carnival is one of the most exciting and anticipated events on the Australian horse racing calendar. Held annually between April and June, the carnival features a lineup of high-profile races and attracts racing enthusiasts from all over the country. With the beginning of racing season here, it takes some preparation to be outfit ready and now is the time to start. We've put together a list of the upcoming Winter Racing Carnival events you may be interested in going to.
The carnival takes place across several tracks in Queensland, including the Brisbane Racing Club at Eagle Farm and Doomben, as well as the Gold Coast Turf Club and the Sunshine Coast Turf Club. The racing events held at these tracks include a mix of Group 1, Group 2, and Group 3 races. The Stradbroke Handicap is known for attracting some of the best sprinters in the country and has been won by some of the most legendary horses in Australian racing history. This year, its being held on Saturday the 10th of June.
QLD Winter Carnival
- Sky Racing Guineas Day - 29th April 2023
- Ladbrokes Doomben 10,000 Day - 13th May 2023
- XXXX Doomben Cup Day - 20th May 2023
- Ladbrokes Derby Day - 27th May 2023
- Channel 7 Oaks Day - 8th June 2023
- The Star Stradbroke Day - 10th June 2023
- The Ipswich Cup - 17th June 2023
- Tattersalls Tiara Race Day - 24th June 2023
Stradbroke Day is probably the biggest & most formal of Winter racing days. Remember the timeless colour theme of black, and white with touches of red. Be a little daring, explore burgundy, the colour is still complimentary to the theme. Perhaps you could incorporate red another way, adding a red rose to your lapel. If not, look for a brooch and/or pocket handkerchief.
Explore a double-breasted jacket, this is the most formal race day and your attire should reflect this. A hat is almost essential, this is a great way to distinguish from your everyday business suit. One of the great things about Fashions on the Field at the Winter Racing Carnival is that it gives racegoers the opportunity to showcase their own unique sense of style. While there are certain fashion trends that tend to be popular at horse racing events, there are no hard and fast rules about what to wear. The key is to find a look that is stylish, comfortable, and appropriate for the occasion. If you're looking to enter this year, ensure you speak to the Wil Valor team so we can put together something truly unique for you.
For those in NSW, the Winter Racing timetable at the Australian Turf Club is looking incredible this year. More details below.
SYD Winter Carnival
- Bookmakers Recognition Day - 29th April 2023
- Rosehill Gardens Racedays - 20th May / 17th June / 22nd July / 5th August
- Sporting Chance Foundation Raceday - 27th May 2023
- Winter Cup Raceday - 3rd June 2023
- Royal Randwick Racedays - 10th June / 24th June / 8th July / 15th July
- Queen's Birthday Raceday - 12th June 2023
- Stayers Cup Day - 1st July 2023
- Racing For Good Raceday - 29th July 2023
- Club NSW Western Metropolitan Day - 12th Aug 2023
- Winx Stakes Day - 19th August 2023
- San Domenico Stakes Day - 26th August 2023
- City Tattersalls Club Day - 2nd September 2023
- Run to the Rose Day - 9th September 2023
It takes some preparation to be outfit ready, however, there is still time to get a new bespoke outfit for Winter Racing Carnival, so let us know if you would like to discuss a new racing jacket or suit today.