Melbourne Cup 2022 "Dos and Don’t"
The most anticipated event in the Melbourne social and fashion calendar is back. This year is particularly exciting, as the ultimate style contest "Fashions on the Field" celebrates its 60th birthday in Melbourne. Here in Brisbane, Brisbane Racing Club’s Fashions On The Field competitions are also back, celebrating the age-old tradition of trackside style and celebrating modern trends, exuberant millinery and head-to-toe style and grooming.
This year’s official Melbourne Cup Carnival theme is GLORIOUS. For the glory and the glorious! Spring racing allows everyone to take a sartorial and glamorous approach. It’s time to get inventive with fabrics, hunt out a show-stopping hat and don your racing finest.
Spring Carnival is the perfect time to present the bolder side of personal style, and these are some of Wil Valor’s tips for planning a Melbourne Cup outfit that will stand out against the rest:
- Dress for the season of Spring, think bright orange or Melbourne Cup yellow.
- If colours aren’t your thing, go a more conservative tan or grey, with a pop of colour in your accessories.
- Wear a textured tie and leather shoes to coordinate a strong look.
- Wear well-heeled comfortable shoes, who knows how long this day will end up or how long you will be standing.
- Wear your everyday work suit.
- Forget your hat, pocket square, or millinery!
- Wear jeans (chinos are acceptable though).
Ladies - don’t be afraid to stand out by wearing a suit instead of a dress this year. From light-linen suits, to bold floral prints, Wil Valor has something for everyone. This is the day to be fashion forward and follow runway trends, but still apply Raceday elegance.
Pop into the showroom as soon as possible for a hassle-free consultation and we will have you race-ready in no time. You can also book your appointment in advance.
If you need any further advice, we are always here.
Until next time,