How Far in Advance to Buy a Wedding Suit
Determining the optimal lead time for acquiring men’s wedding suits can pose some challenges. Concerns often arise about potential weight fluctuations before the scheduled event or potential changes in style preferences. To ensure a stress-free experience, we strongly advise having your tailored suit ready at least one to two weeks prior to your event, with a recommended six-week buffer between your initial consultation and the final completion date.
This means that ideally, your initial consultation should be scheduled approximately seven to eight weeks before your event. Here's the reasoning behind this timeframe:
Our meticulous process consists of several key stages that necessitate this eight-week span.
- During your first consultation, we collaborate on selecting the fabric, design elements, and take precise measurements.
- Following this, we proceed to order your chosen fabric and craft a fitting mould, which essentially serves as the skeletal foundation of your suit.
- The arrival of this mould typically occurs within two to three weeks after your initial consultation.
- Subsequently, we schedule a fitting session for you to try it on and address any necessary adjustments.
- Based on this mould, incorporating all modifications and adaptations, we commence the construction of your final garment, a process requiring an additional two to three weeks to reach completion.
- Finally, we arrange a final fitting session for you. In the event that minor alterations are needed on the final tailored wedding suit, we can typically accomplish these within a short turnaround, usually ranging from one to five days.
It's crucial to keep in mind that each situation is unique, and various factors can influence the timeline. Your availability for fittings plays a significant role; if you anticipate being out of town or having a tight schedule, it's advisable to allocate more time. In cases of urgency, we can bypass the fitting mould stage, although we recommend this only as a last resort. Skipping this step means that certain major elements, such as jacket length, are permanent and without the fitting mould's guidance.
If you would like more information or a suggestion for your specific situation, feel free to give us a call and get in touch with us on 1300 309 272.
Locations we service include: Brisbane | Gold Coast | Sunshine Coast | Sydney | Melbourne | Los Angeles
Call 1300 309 272
We visit you in Sydney, Melbourne, Gold CoastBook Appointment
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get exclusive deals, new product releases, and contests!Subscribe