Wear a Hat
By Mark Ferguson
When suggesting a hat to client as the perfect accessory for Spring Racing, the most common comment I hear 'I don't think I can wear a hat'.
The real reason is they dont know how to wear a hat or which hat to wear. Let’s be clear, everyone can wear a hat. For those open to wearing a hat this Spring Carnival keep the following in mind:
- Brims are getting better, gentlemen have been wearing the Trilby but now the trend is towards a Fedora. The wider brim works well with the wider lapel suits we are currently seeing.
- 2 tone hats are popular. This is where the band is a different colour to the remainder of the hat. The Band is usually darker in colour
- Remember to ensure the hat complements the shoes, not the suit.
- Accessorising with feathers to complement ties and/or pocket handkerchiefs is the way to go.
- For the more casual outfit choose look at a Peaky Blinder Cap in a summer weight tweed.
- Men can wear felt all year round and should as this looks a lot more sophisticated. Leave the straw for more casual occasions.